What is it?
It's the Japanese 4U app with graphics and texts translated into English.
With this app you can download items to your 4U and 4U+ from your NFC enabled Android phone or tablet.
What else is changed?
- The App immediately starts with the free items menu.
- There is no access to in-app purchases or paid content.
- No need to register and/or setup a bandainamco account.
- No need to register your 4U with this app!
- You can use an unlimited number of 4Us and 4U+es with this app.
- More item and character downloads available.
- All downloads served by a custom webserver.
- Special menu, with special downloads.
- Custom download section with items made by tamagotchi fans.
- Runs side by side with the original Japanese app.
- Runs on rooted devices too.
- Fixes transfer download bug (version 1.0.14 and up).
- Removed google analythics code for faster loading and lower data usage
- Caches character and promotional menu images for faster loading and lower data usage
- Faster startup (version 1.0.15)
- Supports reverse portrait mode on tablets so you can hold it upside down now too (version 1.0.15)
Where can I get it ?
You can click the red download link above or get it here! (latest version 1.0.15)
How do I use it ?
- In settings, make sure you check the option to allow installations from unknown sources (you can uncheck that option after install) and install the app
- In settings, Make sure NFC and Android beam options are enabled.
- Select a item from the app and follow the on screen instructions.
Does the app support more phones then japanese app?
No, unfortunately not.
Which phones are supported?
For a comprehensive list of supported and unsupported devices. Check the lists below.
My phone is not supported, Will replacing the battery help?
Unfortunately not. The incompatible NFC controller is inside the phone and not in the battery. Replacing the battery would only help if the NFC antenna in it is missing or damaged (Note: not all phones have the NFC antenna inside the battery).
What's that about a custom webserver?
The app is just a frontend and a means to send downloads to the Tamagotchi 4U. All menu pages and downloads are stored on a webserver.
To offer English item discriptions and additional downloads, the app connects to a custom webserver instead of the Bandai webserver.
Credits: (in alfabetical order)
- Awagumo - Touchspots items.
- Mr.Blinky - App modifications and translations.
- Myiko - All English artwork and banners.
- Yukitchi357 - Touchspot items.
- Wa - additional translations.
Below you will find two lists that have been created from analyzing the webserver logs.
The first list (blue background) lists all devices per country that have successfully send a item to a Tamagotchi 4U. The second list (red background) lists all devices that can not send items to a Tamagotchi 4U. Check your devices model number in settings and check if it's in the lists below.
The most affordable and compatible device at this moment is a 2nd Gen. Nexus 7 2013 version (Note: a 1st Gen. Nexus 7 2012 version can not send items to the tamagotchi 4U.)